MAXIMUS is a company that partners with state, federal, and local governments, and they are currently hiring for 1,000 Customer Service Representative (CDC-Info) positions.
No college required, but you do have to have at least 6 months of customer service experience. They will train you for this position.
These are full-time positions and pay varies depending on the county in which you live.
No state hiring restrictions are noted in the job listing. Per the company, “Pay rates will be based on the county in which you live.” If we hear more, we’ll update!
Here’s what Maximus has posted about this opportunity:
“Customer Service Representatives at Maximus make an impact every day by providing knowledgeable responses to numerous telephone inquiries in a courteous, timely, and professional manner for CDC-Info which is the Center for Disease Control’s national contact center. CDC-Info offers live agents to help find the most up-to-date, reliable, consistent, and science-based health information on more than 750 health topics, including Covid-19. To prepare for this role, Maximus provides paid, comprehensive training which ensures our employees are equipped with the highest levels of knowledge and professionalism.
*This is a full-time – limited service position that is to be worked fully remote (work from home). Pay rates will be based on the county in which you live.
- Maintain a current understanding of CDC-Info procedures in order to provide knowledgeable responses to numerous telephone inquiries in a courteous, timely, and professional manner
- Adhere to the Privacy Act as it relates to the confidentiality of information released
- Respond to telephone inquiries within the set departmental staffing and time parameters
- Maintain appropriate documentation of phone inquiries
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of CDC-Info regulations and policies as they apply
- Utilize databases and written materials to look up and provide information to telephone inquiries
- Continually look for and suggest process improvements, which will benefit Maximus, CDC, and the public (inquirers)
- Assist with on the job training for new and temporary employees as requested
- Report problems that occur and assist with the resolution
- May be required to work scheduled holidays
- Overtime may be required
- Must sign a Statement of Understanding
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Minimum six (6) months customer service/administrative /call center experience required
- Must be able to speak English clearly and professionally
- Proven verbal and written communication skills a must
- Experience working with a PC and a Windows environment required
- Must have demonstrated excellent interpersonal and leadership skills and the ability to organize simultaneous tasks
- Proven ability to work as a member of a team is required
- All CDC-Info personnel will be required by contract to undergo periodic program update training as the program changes
- All CDC-Info personnel are required to sign a Statement of Understanding and Non-Disclosure
Home Office Requirements:
- Hardwired internet (ethernet) connection with 20 Mbps minimum
- Private work area and adequate power source
- Candidate must provide a computer (Chromebooks will not work), monitor & hardwired headset