Operations Support Representative 1 (Remote - Work at Home)
At Jackson Hewitt, we are working hard for the hardest working and we are on a mission to completely change the way our customers engage with their personal finances. Jackson Hewitt combines the fun, fast-paced culture of a startup with the scale and reputation of one of the nation’s largest retailers (over 6,000 locations).
We have a passion for our employees and our customers. We recognize and appreciate that our team members are our single greatest competitive advantage. Being an industry leader requires a consistent focus on quality, innovation, performance, and results.
DEPARTMENT: Operations Support, Hardware, and Processing
POSITION TITLE: Operations Support Representative 1 Phone and/or Chat
REPORTS TO: Operations Support Supervisor
LOCATION: Remote – Work at Home
We are Jackson Hewitt, Working Hard for the Hardest Working.
NO SALES – NO OUTBOUND CALLS – FLEXIBLE SCHEDULES – A REAL WORK AT HOME OPPORTUNITY
In a world where the hardest working Americans are strapped for both time, and money, Jackson Hewitt is on a mission to be their advocate. For many of our clients, the tax return is the most important financial event of the year, and the biggest paycheck many will receive.
We would like your help in supporting our 6000 nationwide offices to run smoothly by troubleshooting and fixing the tech and software related issues that inevitably come up!
The Operations Support Representative 1 position is responsible for providing a world-class experience to Jackson Hewitt Franchise and Corporate employees by answering Technical calls related to Software, Hardware, and Network issues in a Work at Home Contact Center environment.
You will resolve 1st Tier level interactions via phone and chat, or escalating to Tier 2 upon Employee request or applicable resolution path.
This is a Seasonal Position with a possible duration of mid-November, through mid-April the following year.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform the job successfully, the individual must be able to execute each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties, assignments, and specific projects may be assigned at the discretion of executive management.
• Solutions Oriented, supporting one-call-resolution. Use tools, knowledgebase, and communication skills to effectively research and transmit accurate information with a goal of resolving the Employee’s reason for contact.
• Demonstrate excellent voice quality, inflection, and present a professional, courteous, patient demeanor. Maintain a confident, friendly, and helpful tone in conversation.
• Strong Windows 10 and Windows related network experience desired.
• Take ownership in assisting, researching, resolving, or escalating Employee issues.
• Verbally de-escalate and handle difficult Employee situations.
• Understand and implement new information and procedures efficiently and professionally.
• Understand detailed policies and procedures and explain these to the Employee in a manner which is easily understood.
• Utilize multiple systems to access Employee information, research issues, educate and solve the Employee’s reason for contact.
• Accept and implement Quality and Performance Management Coaching / Feedback.
• Handle and hold secure confidential and sensitive Employee information.
• Diligently and accurately document Employee records and cases.
• May be asked to assist with other program support including email, webchat, co-browse, outbound and other support initiatives.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• High School Diploma or GED required.
• Strong Windows 10 and Windows related network experience.
• Knowledge of Printers and Scanners configured in a Windows environment
• 1 to 2 years of relevant Contact Center experience.
• Must demonstrate excellent voice quality, inflection and present a professional, courteous, patient demeanor and the ability to maintain a confident, friendly and helpful tone in conversation. Bi Lingual Spanish a plus.
• Excellent computer navigation and data entry skills
• Proficiency with learning new technology and system applications.
WORK AT HOME REQUIREMENTS
• Windows 10 PC with a minimum of 4 gigs of Ram and Google Chrome as the main browser
• Wired or Wireless Network speed at or above 20 Mbps
• A quiet room with no background noise or the possibility of audible interruptions
• Dual ear USB Headset with microphone and noise-canceling function
PHYSICAL DEMAND AND WORK EFFORT
• Keying / typing, sitting, standing, walking.
• Minimum 35 WPM
• Constant mental and/or visual attention; the work is either repetitive or diversified requiring constant alertness in a Work at Home Contact Center environment.
• Compliance with company attendance standards.
• Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• FLSA status: Seasonal, Hourly, Non-Exempt