Effectively Deliver A Program That Has The Power To Make Tens Of Millions Of People Healthier And Happier. Hack Willpower, Save Lives And Have Fun Doing It.
Noom, Inc. is a mobile solutions company focused on preventative health. Noom’s research-backed products help people achieve real, positive outcomes. Noom was awarded a grant from the United States National Institutes of Health (NIH) and was also one of seven healthcare startups chosen to participate in the 2014 New York Digital Health Accelerator (NYDHA).
We have created a unique and constantly evolving wellness product, so expect to be constantly challenged! Expect to work in a fast-paced environment with constant new challenges to tackle. You are the face of Noom and sit at the intersection between technology, behavior change, and our users. You’ll work closely with our users through every step of their journey, helping them identify goals that will allow them to achieve their ultimate healthy lifestyle. Sounds like fun? Read on.
What You’ll Do
- Walk alongside users as they choose the goals that best fit their health journey
- Use Motivational Interviewing to explore user ambivalence through OARS (Open ended questions, Affirmations, Reflections, Summaries)
- Learn a ton about behavior change
- Hold users accountable to their goals via online communication
- Support and collaborate with teammates while also having the autonomy to work independently
- Partner with users to establish goals (without prescription) that lead to sustainable, health-related behavior change
- Be involved in a fast paced start-up culture where things move quickly and change often.
Who You Are
- You have either a Bachelor’s Degree OR an Associate’s Degree plus 2000 hours of related wellness experience (Health Coaching experience a plus!)
- You are very tech-savvy, reliable, and are excited by fast-paced change
- You are EXTREMELY organized and can work autonomously
- You love driving people to reach their goals
- You understand that health looks different for everyone
- You have some knowledge of Motivational Interviewing
- You have openness and enthusiasm to continuously improve upon, learn more about, and regularly apply skills that are valued in your work
- You love learning more about your users - using qualitative and quantitative means
- You have a strong interest in behavior change
- You are someone who is flexible and who puts the needs of our users first - no pre-set plans here!
- Recent grads welcome! This is a great opportunity for those looking for behavioral health/lifestyle change experience
How Coach Hiring Works
- We’re always looking for talent to join our next training class of Noom coaches. That said, there are a limited number of positions open at any given time. These openings are based primarily on the growth of our user base and training class availability.
- In order to continue meeting the best coaches possible we interview candidates on an ongoing basis. If there are no positions available immediately, we place high-performing candidates who pass our initial interview rounds on a waitlist. As positions become available, we’ll reach out with the next steps.
- At this time, we do not offer a work visa (such as H-1B, etc.) sponsorship.
- This is a Full-Time Remote Role. Therefore, the benefits will have a slight variation from the Full-Time Regular benefits posted on the Noom Career page.
We require coaches to meet two criteria: 1. Live within a state we hire from 2. Live within a 5-hour drive of one of our hubs. See the lists below.
- We are currently ONLY hiring for remote positions in the following states:
District of Columbia (Washington DC)
- We are currently ONLY hiring for remote positions coaches who live within a 5-hour drive from the following hubs. Please, note that even though New York City is one of our hubs, we are not hiring from New York State (including New York City).
New York City (*** Please note we are not hiring from New York State including NYC)