10up is seeking candidates to provide technical and customer support in support of robust WordPress plugins designed for small-to-medium businesses and content creators. The right candidate will possess experience leading customer service teams, providing technical support, and specifically supporting and/or using WordPress as a content management system.
The role involves actively resolving select tickets and issues reported by users, as well as engaging with both end-users and the broader WordPress plugin and engineering teams, surfacing opportunities to improve the products by fixing bugs, clarifying the user interface, improving documentation, or otherwise improving the end-user experience.
- Respond, resolve, triage, and escalate user questions on various products forums, including the WordPress.org plugin directory and Github source code repositories.
- Filter out questions not specific to the WordPress plugin, and redirect to relevant forums or teams.
- Ensure questions are triaged within defined SLA.
- Work closely with the product team to analyze trends and write summaries of top user issues and overall sentiment.
- Suggest improvements to the online help resources (FAQs, product site).
- Send weekly reports to relevant internal stakeholders.
- Knowledge of and familiarity with WordPress.
- Effective communication, specifically in a customer service environment.
- Good organizational skills (to support an influx of support topics that come in from the different products; research skills are a must).
- Some familiarity and hands-on experience with web technologies, specifically CMS platforms. Not timid when it comes to diving in, adapting, and learning new technologies.
- Experience with and appreciation for creating and editing documents (Google Docs and/or Word) and spreadsheets, including formatting and formula management- with unrelenting attention to detail!
- Not only are you comfortable, but you thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- A team player who can also work independently. Can translate high-level direction into follow through, whether it be on research or creating reports, without a need to be micromanaged through the process.
- Comfortable interacting with both data/numbers and words/language on a daily basis. You recognize that formulas and calculators are our friends and that the real value is in how you assemble and present the info.
- Knowledge of and familiarity with any or all relevant Google services, including Google Analytics, Lighthouse, AdWords, Search Console, and/or AMP.
- Experience writing documentation and support documents for technical products.
- Remote working experience appreciated.