Okay, this one is a little different and interesting but I think it still qualifies for working for home…
Photo: Tunatura (Shutterstock)
It appears as though we are currently living in the golden age of contests marketed as “dream jobs,” with new opportunities being announced regularly. The latest one comes from Michelob ULTRA Pure Gold, which posted its listing for a new CEO—that’s Chief Exploration Officer—earlier this week. But this one doesn’t just involve getting paid to travel by camper van to a national park for a weekend. It involves getting paid to travel by camper van to multiple national parks over six months. Here’s what you need to know about the position and how to apply.
What’s involved with being the CEO?
In this case, the chosen CEO will be equipped with a camper van (that has a bathroom and shower), and over the course of six months, visit, hike and photograph several national parks, including Yosemite, Sequoia, Joshua Tree, Saguaro and Big Bend. The job pays $50,000 plus expenses, like gas money for their camper van. The candidate selected will have the opportunity to perform their CEO duties solo, or with a plus-one.
What are the qualifications for the job?
This may sound great, but do you have the experience needed for the job? According to the Michelob ULTRA Pure Gold website, the qualifications include:
- Having an affinity for outdoor/nature photography and/or videography
- Having a deep appreciation for the joy that connecting with nature brings
- Being willing and able to hike through national parks and other outdoor areas
- Having a valid U.S. driver’s license
- Being at least 21 years old
Beyond that, the beer company has also shared the characteristics of someone who would be their ideal candidate, which is a person who:
- Enjoys and respects the great outdoors
- Is able to see the big picture (as well as capture and edit it)
- Understands the importance of following CDC guidance while traveling and will recreate responsibly
- Is a strong leader with a clear sense of direction reading trail maps
- Has a love of beer (but not consuming it while driving a camper van)
How to apply for the job
If you’re interested in giving Michelob your personal data and applying for the position, you can fill out the application on their website on or before September 30, 2020.