Work Remotely From Home Forum

Hopeful work from Home looking for leads!

Hi everyone!

I am a physically disabled 35 year old woman. I’ve been out of work for about 9 years, I have good basic computer skills and an average of 60-80 wpm typing skills. I am on disability, and want to find a part time work from home job to help supplement my social security income.
Due to a car accident in 2010 I have not been able to find gainful employment. I can’t stand or walk for very long periods at a time and I have severed nerves off my spine around the hip and back area that can get aggravated if I am placed in an uncomfortable environment.

Here’s my wishlist-but not all of these things are absolute musts.

I’d like to have as little phone work as possible. I am uncomfortable trying to force sales on people and I struggle somewhat with understanding people on the phone, particularly if there is a thick accent involved. I also own dogs and have a noisy neighborhood so sound pollution is a concern.

My ideal would be customer support through instant messages-like you’d find as a chat resource on websites if you have a question or concern or fielding emails.

This one is a must: The job needs to be part time as I do not want to put my disability in jeopardy. My mother went off of her disability temporarily for a few years due to moving to full time work and the Social Security office decided she owed the government $10,000.00. I fought for two years to be recognized as physically disabled and I don’t want to lose it or get into the same situation my Mother found herself in.

I would like to make between $600.00 to $1000.00 per month, I might be able to earn a little more than that, but I’d have to have my income assessment looked at to confirm.

My husband and I have a lot of debt and would like to get things paid down faster and be able to move out of the neighborhood we’re renting in. I have been working with Vocational Rehab and Easter Seals searching for work, but the resources they know of for work from home are little to nil. I am a high school graduate and was 6 classes away (5 that were electives) from a degree in Organizational Leadership at the time of my car accident.

I am open to learning new software but am not sure I am proficient in the software that may need to be used in many online jobs. I took a course for medical transcription editing about three years ago. I made excellent grades in the book work, but the transcriptions themselves I failed miserably. I just couldn’t understand the recordings well at all, so unfortunately transcription seems a poor fit for me.

If these are helpful to spark anyone’s ideas of what might fit me well, here are some of my hobbies:

Video games
Creative writing (Fantasy genre)
Painting miniatures
board games
Collecting
Reading

I also spend regular time on the computer Internet/computer or phone.

I designed table settings for my own wedding and some of the decor and enjoy making things, but I’d only call myself a novice in this category.

I hope that this forum will be a great resource that leads me to finding a job I can handle so I can help support my husband and myself better.

Thanks in advance for anyone who might have some ideas for a type of work I may not have considered!

1 Like

@Willowren Welcome to the WRFH forum! You’re definitely in the right place to find a good job or work from home job. Hopefully, a recruiter will see your wonderful qualifications and offer you an interview.

In the meantime be sure to keep checking back every day as we try to post new work from home jobs every day!

Again welcome and we’re happy to have you here!

-Mark

@Willowren I’ve been thinking of your situation.

Take a look at this Data-Entry work from home job that I posted recently:

The only thing is that you need to from the following states:
AZ, DE, ID, MI, MN, NC, OR, PA, WA

If I were you I would bookmark these tags and keep checking them:
https://workremotelyfromhome.com/tag/data-entry
https://workremotelyfromhome.com/tag/transcribing
https://workremotelyfromhome.com/tag/writer
https://workremotelyfromhome.com/tag/ad-assessor

Most of these jobs do not require to be on the phone or in a quiet location.

I hope this helps a little, I’ll keep checking for more jobs for you so keep checking back (and your email) on this forum. :smile:

ps. Don’t forget to use this site’s search to search for keywords for jobs that you are looking for.

-Mark

This topic was automatically closed after 24 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.