Seasonal - Shipping & Delivery Support Associate
Shipping & Delivery Support is a customer service organization dedicated to supporting the Amazon Supply Chain network for multiple geographies like MX, NA, UK, India, and EU. It ensures hassle-free, timely pick-up and delivery of freight from vendors to Amazon Fulfillment Centers (FC), from Amazon FCs to carrier hubs, and from Amazon Delivery Stations to customers.
In case of any exceptions, SDS steps in to resolve the issue and keeps all the stakeholders informed on the proceedings. Overall, SDS plays a critical role in ensuring the smooth functioning of Amazon Logistics transportation (AMZL) and thereby has a direct impact on Amazon’s ability to serve its customers on time.
Preview of a SDS Associate
A SDS Associate facilitates flow of information between different internal and external customers (Delivery Associates/Delivery Service Providers/Station Managers/Customer Service Associates/Customers) and resolves any potential issues that impacts customer experience and delivery performance. An SDS Associate provides timely resolution to delivery issues by researching internal tools. An ideal candidate should be able to understand the issue and be able to drive Customer Experience without compromising on time. The candidate should be bias for action, have a strong sense of ownership, and should be able to communicate clearly in the verbal and written form.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Communicate with customers/drivers (verbal and written) with a problem-solving attitude.
- Understand the issue and make the best use of the available resources to resolve the issue.
- Able to systematically escalate problems or variance in the information to the relevant owners and teams and follow through on the resolutions to ensure they are delivered.
- Demonstrate ownership to resolve challenging customer issues, escalating when necessary.
- Excellent communication, both verbal and written as one may be required to communicate with the Customers/Drivers, Customer Service Associates, Delivery Station Managers, and Delivery Associates in real-time.
- Develop and/or understand performance metrics to assist with driving business results.
- High School Diploma
- Spoken and Written Spanish/English Language Proficiency.
- Demonstrates effective, clear, and professional written and oral communication and attention to detail.
- Customer service-oriented.
- Strong prioritization and time management skills.
- Enthusiasm and strong self-motivation.
- Ability to embrace constant change with flexibility and good grace.
- Should be comfortable with a multi-tasking, high-energy environment.
- Should be a creative and analytical problem solver with a passion to provide excellent customer service.
- Demonstrates effective communication, composure, and professional attitude.
- Exemplary performance record, particularly with regard to quality & productivity.
- Technical (Computers & Internet): MS Office applications specifically Excel, familiarity with web browsers, and demonstrated capability to work with tailored in-house applications.
- Good knowledge of working over the internet and an ability to successfully navigate websites.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team in a very dynamic environment.
- Schedule Flexibility is a must. It could be that no Mon-Fri schedules available.
- Understand and accept schedule changes due to Daylight Savings
- In order to work from home, it is necessary to have an Internet connection speed of 10mb for download and 2mb for upload (wired connection not WIFI).